I’m an expert at understanding the customer mindset & helping businesses resonate.
Great connections require audience awareness and a compelling message to convey. In today’s saturated market, strategy-minded creative thinking is the only way to earn a place in the consumer conversation.
On average, consumers see over 4,000 brand messages every day… and practically zero are asking for more. In fact, most consumers are looking for a mute button, saying they wouldn’t be bothered if 77% (!) of brands disappeared.
Different for the sake of it doesn’t work either, for that matter.
The flip side to all that promise: success isn’t guaranteed and the stakes are real. So it’s no wonder that so many companies are tempted to mimic market leaders or buzzy challengers. I’ve seen it and I understand.
Business is a genre filled with people who spot an opportunity, drum up the initiative to chase it, then work hard to grow it and thrive in a world that’s changing by the minute. (Want to chat about business models, pricing strategies, or scaling? Count. me. in.)
• Businesses (large or small) with big ideas
• Multi-brand retailers and marketplaces
• Makers of great products
• Anyone crafting consumer-centric experiences
• In-house creative, marketing & product teams, too
• “The most analytical ‘creative’ you'll ever meet. Or, vice versa.”
• “Doesn’t fit neatly in a box.”
• “Keeps way too many tabs open.”
• “If Rory Gilmore met Sherlock Holmes…”
I’ve been telling (and selling) brand stories for more than a decade.
After graduating from college (Harvard '09) and graduate school (American University of Paris '11), I worked as a magazine editor, then as a copywriter and brand strategist for solopreneurs, startups, and Fortune 500 companies.